"Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, and don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously." Micah 6:8

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Moving On

We are in the middle of moving out of the  InnerCHANGE owned house that we have been living in for the past year.  Eventhough we are only moving around the corner, this move has stretched us to the limits of our capacity. While schlepping a lamp, my climbing triggered a stream of thinking... do I need this lamp bad enough to carry up these stairs? I mean, I could just read with my headlamp at night. Do I really need any of this stuff? What's the point of moving? Why are we even staying here in SF?

Oh the things that come into our minds when we are tired and talking to ourselves. 



I can be such a drama king.  I moped for a moment, put down the stupid lamp, then began to reflect.  The act of moving...sucks...but seems to be an essential part of following God.  It has been ever since God made a people and lead them. Stories flashed forward in my mind: the exodus from Egypt, Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem, Paul all over the Roman world,  the list goes on and on. 

So I probably wasn't the first follower of God to grumble over moving.  But this conclusion brought me to another question: Do I believe that God is a part of our move?  I paused for a moment.  I guess I do. 

For the last three years, the Outer Circle has been thinking and praying about about a new living situation.  Small expensive apartments no longer seemed to suit the growing OC community or ministry.  So for years now, we have been seeking the next steps in changing this situation.  And I realised at that moment that God had answered, at least in part, with the move that I was in the middle of.

Casa Gloria, the name of the house that we are moving out of, has been sold so that funds can be freed up for an Outer Circle house.  Though we don't know what's next, we know that we are in the beginning of a new chapter for our team.  Moving then, into this new house and towards the things we believe God is calling us to, is a cause for celebration.  I realise that I grumble too much and hope too little.

No comments: